Terms and Conditions
1. About this Site
greeksaffron.co.uk (“our site”) is operated and owned by Nova Food Products Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”).
Nova Food Products Limited is registered in England under company number 09171561.
Our registered office is at: 23 Westover Industrial Estate, Ermington Road, Ivybridge, PL21 9ES. Telephone: 07506 830433.
This site covers the domain of the United Kingdom and its residents. We do not ship to locations outside of the United Kingdom.
The Terms & Conditions for internet purchases are set out below and apply exclusively to the contract between you and us (the “contract “) for the purchase of any of our products (the “products”).
These Terms and Conditions apply to all on-line purchases. Variations to these Terms and Conditions shall have no effect unless expressly confirmed by us in writing. Each order placed by you is an offer to buy the products you have chosen subject to these Terms and Conditions. Proceeding with an order creates and obligation for you to ‘pay for the products ordered’.
3. About You
By placing an order on our site, you warrant that:
– you are legally capable of entering into contracts
– you are at least 18 years of age
– you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions
4. The Contract
Our site automatically acknowledges receipt of your order (order acknowledgement), however acknowledgement of receipt is not immediate acceptance of your offer to purchase from us. All orders are subject to an ‘Order Confirmation’ which will be sent to you once your order and payment have been successfully processed and received. With the sending of our Order Confirmation by email, the contract has been formed. A full breakdown of the products purchased, including the quantity, price, description, delivery method and charges if applicable, cooling off period and your rights to cancel, form part of the Order Confirmation.
5. The Order Process
Our site will advise if a product is not available for purchase. If, during the check-out process or at a later stage during the order processing, the products you have ordered are not in stock or are otherwise not available, we will give you the option of either: ordering an alternative product, cancelling your order or waiting until the products are back in stock. Receipt of your order and order acknowledgement by us creates no obligation on our part to supply an item that is not in stock or otherwise unavailable.
We reserve the right to modify, substitute or remove any products or information on our site without prior notice. All images and information we provide remain the property of Nova Food Products Limited and are therefore protected by copyright laws and may not be used without our prior written consent.
6. Your Rights as a Consumer
You may cancel an order within fourteen days, beginning on the day you take possession of the products, in which case you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the products, including any delivery charge. All cancellations are processed in accordance with our Returns Policy. To cancel an order, you must inform us in writing by email or completing our Order Cancellation Form. You must also return any products you hold to us in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products whilst they are in your possession. If you fail to do so, we have the right to reduce your refund proportionally.
Your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms and Conditions. You are also protected under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Please contact us if you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations.
7. Delivery Policy
We aim to despatch your order within 48 hours. Products will be delivered within 7 days from the date of the Order Confirmation, except in unforeseen circumstances. Your order will be delivered to the address provided at the time you placed the order and will be quality checked prior to despatch.
Orders of more than £35.00 will be free of any delivery charges. Orders of £35.00 or less will incur a delivery charge of £1.99. All orders will be despatched by Royal Mail, 1st or 2nd Class Service. We are unable to provide exact delivery times for this service and you must ensure that a responsible person is available to accept delivery, as a signature may be required. Delivery charges relate to a single UK address and we are unable to split orders or deliver to multiple addresses.
If for any reason you fail to accept delivery of the products ordered, or we are unable to deliver the products on time because for example, you have not provided the correct delivery address or no person was available to accept the delivery:
– the products shall be deemed to have been delivered at that time
– you may be liable for any related costs and expenses incurred
Quoted delivery times are estimates only, but will be made within a maximum period of 30 days from receipt of the Order Confirmation unless expressly agreed otherwise.
8. Risk and Title
Ownership of the products will pass to you once we have received full payment, including delivery charges.
The products ordered will be at your risk from the time they are delivered and in your physical possession.
9. Prices and Payment
The price of any products will be as quoted on our site, obvious errors excluded. All prices on our site are quoted in GBP £ and are inclusive of VAT where applicable and exclusive of delivery charges, which will be added to the order prior to payment.
Prices and delivery charges may change at any time, but will not affect orders for which we have already sent an Order Confirmation.
Our site contains a number of products and it is always possible that, despite our best endeavours, some of the products listed may be incorrectly priced. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we endeavour to honour the lower price as displayed unless in exceptional circumstances, which include an unreasonably low price or any pricing errors reasonably recognisable as an obvious mistake.
Your delivery charges are calculated and clearly displayed during the check out process. No handling or administration fees will be charged. Secure payment for all products must be made by either credit or debit card. We accept payment by Visa Credit Card, Visa Debit Card, Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, Amex and PayPal.
Our site uses SagePay to collect and securely process your payment and transaction information. The SagePay security policy can be found at: www.sagepay.com/security_policy
10. Our Liability
We warrant that any products purchased from us on our site are of satisfactory quality and fit for consumption and all other purposes for which products of this kind are commonly purchased.
All other warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law, are excluded.
Our total liability for losses you might suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms and Conditions is strictly limited to the purchase price of the products you purchased.
This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
– for death or personal injury caused by our negligence under section 2 (3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987
– for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or
– for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
We are not liable for any indirect or consequential losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage, including but not limited to: loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Nova Food Products Limited accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of our site or any information or content contained therein.
We cannot accept any liability or responsibility for any damage to, or any virus that may affect your computer, computer equipment or mobile devices from browsing or downloading content from our site.
We cannot accept any liability or responsibility for information, views or opinions provided by third parties about, or in relation to, the content and material on our site.
Our site is a secure, PCI DSS compliant site which protects your personal information. Payments are processed on the secure SagePay website, with payments and card details managed by SagePay and Elavon in a secure encrypted format. Our site is therefore not able to store, access or share your card or payment details.
Our site uses secure SSL encryption to protect any information sent between your browser and our site. SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer and will display the security padlock symbol in your browser so that you know that the connection to our site is secure to industry standards.
Any information which is collected and stored by us is done so lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
12. Written Communications
Communications must be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mostly by electronic means. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our site.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Nova Food Products Limited at email@example.com. We may give notice to you using either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter.
14. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
15. Events Outside our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control, a “Force Majeure Event”.
Our performance under any contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period.
If we fail, at any time during the term of a contract, to insist upon performance of any of your obligations, or if we fail to exercise our rights or remedies under the contract, such rights or remedies remain valid and you are not relieved from compliance with your obligations.
A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by us of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver.
If any of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions of a contract are determined to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid.
Nova Food Products Limited makes no warranty or representation that our site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that the service will be available, free from viruses and that all information provided will be accurate. No part of our site is intended to constitute advice (including health) and the images and text on our site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind. No part of our site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
19. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us.
20. Our Right to vary These Terms and Conditions
We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you order products from us.
21. Special Offers
From time to time our site may contain ‘special offers’ or ‘promotions’ including products sold at discounted prices. All special offers or promotions are subject to availability and change or withdrawal without prior notice. Offers may also be limited to one offer per customer, household or order and where stated, items can be substituted at our discretion for example *Saffron Powder may be substituted for Saffron Threads, subject to availability.
22. Law and Jurisdiction
All purchases from us through our site are governed by English law. Any dispute regarding such purchases are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
2. What Information do we Collect?
We collect the least amount of information about you that is proportionate with providing you with a satisfactory service. Your use of this website gives us the right to collect this information.
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into, including your name, invoicing address, delivery address, phone number and email address, together with data about your use of this site. Other information may also need to be collected from time to time to process requests made by you. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure that your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible and to assist in the prevention of crime.
3. Use of Data Collected
We use information collected mainly to process tasks for which you visited this site. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity, should you wish to obtain information about your account details for example. All personal information is processed in accordance with local law and will not be sold to third parties.
1. Disclosing Information
We do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from this website to third parties except when we need to do so in order to complete the order transaction, for example when arranging for the delivery of goods that you have ordered. We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of new product ranges and special offers, but only with your express permission.
You will be given the opportunity to ‘include’ yourself on any mailing lists or similar services. If at any time in the future, we should wish to disclose information collected on this site to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties – for example, the number of individuals visiting our site or the mix of products viewed and purchased, but we will not disclose any information that could identify those individuals.
1. Any changes to our Privacy & Cookies Policy will be placed here and will supersede any previous version(s). We recommend that you read our Privacy & Cookies Policy each time you use the site to ensure that it still meets with your approval.
2. Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other sites. Please note that we are not responsible for the Privacy or Cookies practices of such other sites and we recommend you read their policy statements immediately upon entering other sites. These Policies applies only to information collected and used by us through this site.
3. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about our Privacy or Cookies Policy, or if you require information on data that we have collected about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date; consequently you may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate from any databases under our control.
Blogs & Postings
If you elect to post material or comments to any blogs, forums, or other community boards that may be offered on our site, or if you elect to upload any photographs, audio or video files, you will be solely responsible for all content, messages, text, files, images, graphics, photos, audio clips, sounds, video or other materials (the “Postings”). You agree and warrant that any Postings you post to this site will be true and accurate, will not defame any person or invade any person’s privacy, and will not infringe the proprietary rights of any person. You agree not to furnish any Postings to which you do not own the rights. By furnishing Postings, you give Nova Food Products the right to use such Postings in any manner and in any media now known or hereafter invented. You also acknowledge that visitors to the site may post comments about your Postings which may be derogatory, and that Nova Food Products has no obligation to monitor or delete any such postings.
Please be aware that Nova Food Products reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor Postings made to this site, and Nova Food Products will not be responsible for the content of any Postings. In addition, Nova Food Products shall be entitled to select, at its discretion, which Postings will be published on the Website. Nova Food Products has no obligation to verify the accuracy of any personally indentifying information that is posted to our sites. However, Nova Food Products does reserve the right to delete or edit any material in any Posting that is obscene, harassing, offensive or otherwise objectionable, and to terminate access to the site for any user who repeatedly violates these rules of conduct. If Nova Food Products elects to edit any Postings, it nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content of the Postings. Under no circumstances will Nova Food Products be liable for any inaccuracy or defect in any Postings.
We also expect our users to adhere to certain rules. Therefore, you agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Postings that:
are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy, or harmful to minors in any way;• harass, degrade, intimidate or are hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;• include personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;• are false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, constitute “bait and switch” or impersonation of any person or entity;• contain your own or a third party’s advertising, or promotional content;• infringe any proprietary rights, including copyright, of any party, or Postings that you do not have a right to make available;• restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Nova Food Products site or the Nova Food Products services offered on it;• include your personal information, such as telephone number, address, name, URL or email address;• are “cut and paste” private messages from other users;• are re-broadcast any posting that violates these terms.
You agree to use and rely on the Postings at your own risk. Nova Food Products cannot make any representation or warranty about the material contained in the Postings. Nova Food Products likewise assumes no responsibility for any contact you may have with other users of our sites, either online or offline.
We are confident that you will be delighted with your purchases from us, however, if you are unhappy with any product, please contact us directly by emailing us at: email@example.com or by using our order cancellation form. You can also call us on 020 3705 8030 during office hours, Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm and we will deal with any issues or complaints as quickly as possible.
When you cancel an order before the products have been despatched, we will refund the cost of the products in full and will process the refund due within 14 days from the date on which you gave notice of your order cancellation.
You may cancel an order within fourteen days (cooling off period), beginning on the day you take possession of the products, in which case you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the products, including any delivery charge.
If you return a product to us:
– within the 14 day cooling-off period, we will process the refund within 14 days after we have received the product or proof of posting, in the same condition in which you received it. In this case, we will refund the price of the product in full, including the cost of delivering the product to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the product to us.
You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products whilst it is in your possession. If the product, when returned to us is not in the same condition as it was when sent to you, we may withhold part or all of your refund. We recommend that you send any products back to us by recorded delivery and that you have sufficient insurance to cover the value of the products returned.
– for any other reason (for instance, you claim that the products are defective), we will examine the returned products and will notify you of your refund (if any) by email within 14 days from the day we received the returned or defective products.
Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
– if you receive a product which you consider is damaged, then please contact us immediately in order that we may arrange a replacement or refund, please sign for the products as “damaged upon receipt”
We can only refund any money due to you using the same payment method originally used by you to purchase the products. Cash or cheque refunds cannot be issued. No handling or administration fees will be charged.
Social Media Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is NOVA FOOD PRODUCTS LIMITED (NFP), company registration number 09171561 whose registered office is at 23 Westover Industrial Estate, Ermington Road, Ivybridge, PL21 9ES.
- Employees of NFP or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via NFP social media channels
- Closing date for entry will be as indicated on the competition message via NFP social media. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted unless allowed by NFP.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner can be found by requesting information from firstname.lastname@example.org via email.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, and these terms and conditions, without notice in any event and in particular in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by its directors or staff or any third party connected with this competition. E&OE.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by NFP, and the promoter will have the final decision on winners.
- The winner(s) will be notified publicly via NFP social media channels within 14 days of the competition closing date. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or do not claim their prize within 28 days of notification, NFP reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner(s) and pick a replacement winner(s) if NFP so wishes.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of London, England.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to NFP and not to any other party. The information provided will be used in conjunction with the NFP Privacy & Cookies Policy